Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Milkman Has Arrived



WE ARE EATING AGAIN! Fingers, toes, and everything else is crossed that it continues. Luke is getting 2 cc's every 3 hours. When we left the hospital he was up to 4 feedings so far. This is a big step in the right direction. Also we learned his new weight. They had not been weighing him lately because he was sooo fussy, but yesterday we were told he weighs 1 pound 12 ounces....whoa! Some of that might be water weight and his IV, but still. He is looking so much like a little man now. I can't get over how much he changes and I see him everyday. His lungs are still the same. The doctors think they are zeroed in on his Jet settings, I can only hope. Once we find those for awhile maybe we can wean him off the ventilator. Tonight is Melody's last night for 10 days. I am bummed! I can honestly say she is my favorite nurse. I was hoping she was going to be there Thursday night to keep him calm. I am not telling Luke that I am going to try and run home for a night. They warned me not to tell him, who knows how he will react. Also tonight Luke became and "BIG" cousin. Jenn had Quin E'lynn Evans at 6 pounds 13 ounces, a monster compared to my little man. They were able to see pictures of each other, even though their eyes were closed. I'm glad they are this close together, this way they'll be in the same grade. Hope everyone had a great night, cause we did. Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment