Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 45, phew!

The days are really starting to run together. I forget what day of the week it is and exactly how long we have been going through all of this. Like the past few days we have went up on our feedings to 21cc's every three hours and are on extra nutrients. This will continue to go up as Luke gains weight. Today he weighed in at 1120 grams which is 2 pounds and 7.5 ounces. Slowly but surely we will get there. He seems to have more better days than bad days. We were lucky and found his happy place for most of the day and which a little oral morphine the kid took a wonderful nap. I didn't want to wake him for his 5 o'clock feeding he looked so peaceful. We did a little more work on the Jet today. His nurse Liz, said sooner or later the doctor will decide that he has had enough and will aggressively work to get Luke off the Jet. Apparently they just wake up and decide today's the day to start. I don't want to push him too hard, but a little action needs to take place sooner or later. Luke was lucky enough for another visitor to stop by and see him. It was really nice for me as well to see Jenn, especially since it had been almost 2 years. Apparently Dad thinks I'm going crazy and the people are getting to me, so tomorrow I get to get out of the hospital and go to the office with him for a few hours. At least I can escape the hospital for a little bit. Thanks for the continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment