Sunday, September 11, 2011

No Lucky Charm Here

Sorry I am late with the blog, but I had to stay up for the disaster of the Notre Dame game, not to mention the IU game. Luke apparently is no one's lucky charm as of now. Maybe he will be for the bears like I was back in 85-86. But enough about football. Saturday was another day used to learn and gear up for us coming home. I had to place Luke's nasogastric tube down his nose into his stomach. We each have to do it twice, this was my first. And Luke's nurse Jill said I did outstanding! So I have one more time to do it Sunday then I pass. Jonathin will make his two tries on Monday and Tuesday.Then other than our monitor and carseat classes we should be done with majorly learning. We found out that they won't do parent care over the weekend, which leaves us with Wednesday night or Thursday night. So hopefully Jonathin's bosses will allow him the night off. Otherwise to fit his schedule it won't happen till next week. I know I am talking too much a head, but I'm just hoping. Luke did have his hearing screen last night and he did not pass. So now we add an audiologist to the list of other visitors we will see when we come back. I think the list is now 5 people. The nurses tell us that it isn't unusual for a preemie not to pass just because they have been here for so long.Any baby here over 5 days has that risk factor. This week starts a week of a whole lot of unknowns, but I think we are ready. Here we thought our life changed on June 12, 3 months later the real journey begins!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment