Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Emotional


Well today was actually pretty calm. There wasn't much to do today. They decided to keep Luke on 3/4 liters of oxygen when we go home so they could do his car seat study. However, his nurse was very busy today with her other kiddo so it didn't get done. So Melody is going to do it tonight at 11 o'clock. I wasn't able to learn his formula recipe however they say I will get the paper in the morning. I am still shocked we are at this point. Just sitting there tonight was bittersweet. We finally took down all of his notes, emails, and signs tonight. When it was time for us to leave of course I started to cry and could cry again now. I am just going to miss Luke's nurses so much. They have become me Riley family over the past 3 months. They all gave me a hug when we left and I know we will see them again and have already facebooked half of them. It is just the idea that all of a sudden they won't be there when I need to talk or when I have questions about Luke. Even though they told me I can call any time day or night. I don't know if I will be as sad for the day shift tomorrow. I guess it is just that the night crew were my girlfriends, I had the most fun with them. It helps that a lot of them were my age. I know I should be sleeping now, cause tomorrow the real job begins. Finally I am in the mom role that I originally thought would take place. Up every 3 hours to feed Luke and care. I'm comfortable on the technical stuff now it is the more mommy parts. I feel like it is all up to me now to protect him, no nurses there to double check. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to update you on parent care. It is weird that in 36 hours we will be on our way home...

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Night shifters are the best :) lol Glad the NICU nurses treated you well and left you with a good impression of Riley, it really is a good place!

    ReplyDelete