Monday, August 15, 2011

Strutting His Stuff




His feet are only at the knees of the onesie.
If you can't tell by the pictures, today was dress up day. It was like the first day of school for Luke with all of his outfits. I was surprised when I peeled back his isolette cover to find my little man all dressed up. Melody, Aunt Mel if you ask her, had surprised me. I thought they would make me wait a little longer. However he is now 3 pounds 8 ounces. He also was blessed with 2 of his 3 immunizations. Apparently he did okay, but the worst of the 3 is tomorrow. He is allowed some tylenol afterwards if it bothers him. They did a blood gas on him today just to check up on him. His CO2 was a little high, but he was adjusting well. I think he is just a kid with high CO2 due to his chronic lung issues. I'm hoping tomorrow morning when they do another they don't try and put him on CPAP. For some reason the CPAP hat doesn't agree with his head. I think we are going to have a sensitive kid. I had a nice conversation with his nurse Dana today. She told me not to get my hopes up for a September 18th home date. Just because they needed to get his breathing controlled before he can go home. They aren't saying no, but we are most likely looking at October. That will of course be the beginning of flu and cold season, which will leave us as shut-ins once we are home.  Luke and I will be sure to wave if you drive by to see us. There is also a 75% chance we will go home on only tube feedings. Just because his breathing might impair Luke's bottle feedings. We will then have to come back periodically to work on feedings and his lungs. As much as I am ready to get home, I'm pretty sure I am going to miss this place. Thank you all again for the continued support and prayers.

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Luke looks great! October is just around the corner. We were quarantined for a long time (2 years!) I didn't mind. The time goes fast when you have your baby to snuggle with.

    ReplyDelete