Monday, July 2, 2012

Preparing and a Long Week

We leave for Riley in exactly one week and wow I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I feel like there is so much that we use daily that we can't leave behind. For example we use a noise canceling giraffe, a jungle "tv", and a turtle that shoots stars on the ceiling just to get to sleep each night. Do I take all of these? Or do I risk not having a normal night of sleep? Hopefully I get a call soon and they can help with all I need to bring. I can only imagine what all I am going to be carrying in with me on Monday morning. I'll need more than one red wagon, plus our stroller. 

I don't know how everyone else is handling the heat, but we have resorted to moving our entertainment center to our basement. Our air conditioner isn't performing to it's finest lately, so this is our answer. So far I think it works out great. The only drawback is we can't hear anything down here. So if the world ends around us, we will have no idea. 

We have also been to my parent's pool lately to keep cool. Luke has turned into quite and water bug. He just floats in his float and usually gets very close to falling asleep because he is so relaxed. He usually gets a nice nap afterwards too. 

This coming weekend will be our town's Homecoming celebration. Last year we missed it due to being at Riley, but this year Luke will be front and center. My dad has worked for many months restoring his grandfather's 1926 Model T and he will be driving it in the parade this year and the family will be riding on the truck or walking along with it, including Luke. We will have 4 generations on the truck. Also Luke is part of the cutest baby contest. If you come to the Bristol Homecoming, please drop some lose change in his can as you cross the bridge. You can't miss that cute smile. Also, my Uncle Jack's shop Jack's Feed Shack will be holding it's 2nd annual cornhole tournament after the parade at his shop. It costs $20 a team and there is $200 payout to the winning team and $80 for 2nd place. All the proceeds will go to Riley Hospital for Children this year. Which means a lot to us, and we will be taking it down to Riley. So please if you are interested sign ups will take place till 3:30pm on Saturday right before they begin the tournament. Luke and I will be there.

I think that is a little run down for our week as of right now. Hopefully we will have more as the week goes on. 

Jordan



No comments:

Post a Comment