Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hot Hot Hot

The title pretty much sums up this weekend. I don't think I have ever experienced such heat. I had such high hopes for Luke's first Homecoming, but the heat had other ideas. We stayed at home on Thursday to save up for this weekend. On Friday evening we went to the Haystack dinner with my parents. It was in and air conditioning, thank goodness. We took one quick loop around the rides, and that was enough for all of us. Friday is usually the tractor pull night. We decided to stay and watch for a bit, however that didn't last too long. Instead the pool was calling our name. After a cool down we were ready for a long day on Saturday.

Originally Luke was supposed to walk in the parade along with us with Leroy the family Model T my dad has been working on for the past 6 months. However, the heat was too much. He was able to stay with his Great Aunt Pam and Quin in the AC while we braved the heat. It was soooo hot too, but we did it. That is, till Leroy had enough.

After the parade we headed to my Uncle Jack's Feed Shack to play and watch the cornhole tournament.   this year the proceeds went to Riley Hospital. There was 36 teams total and $700 was raised. That will cover a day's stay in the NICU for a baby. It might not seem like much, but when those bills come calling it is nice to know people are there helping your baby. I can't say thank you enough to everyone that came out, even if they had no idea how much that little bit helps. I can't thank my uncle enough either for holding the tournament, that really means a lot to us.

Tonight as I update, I am also packing for Riley. Luke and I will be heading to Indy at 5am tomorrow morning to be at admitting at 9am. We still don't have a full idea of what will be going on when we get there. However, I am ready to get some answers. I hope to update everyone as we start this new process this week. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers as we start a new phase.

Jordan

Luke likes to eat his shirt

Slept right out of his drawers


Luke's first fireworks


Quin's staying cool with her cool rag



No comments:

Post a Comment