Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cereal Testing

After Luke was told he might have to go back on NG feeds we are determined to prove the doctor wrong. Today we started working with a spoon. I can't say it went fantastic, but he gave it a good try. I am ecstatic that Luke actually opened his mouth for the spoon. This is huge to me. All I have heard is how preemies, that were on ventilators, can have oral aversion. He however did well with this originally when we moved to the bottle. I think there was more cereal on his face than in his mouth, but hopefully we can work on it more daily.

Also, after being told that Luke was weak and couldn't hold his head up that is all we have been working on. He has been blowing it out of the water. If we are holding him up, his is looking all around. Hoping that maybe by the end of the year he can sit in his bumbo.

Tomorrow we go back to Riley for a pulmonary visit. Fingers crossed that things will go well. I am 99% sure we will get turned down to .25 liters, however a bigger turn would make me jump for joy. I am just hoping for a good visit and that Luke behaves. We aren't telling him where we are going tomorrow. Maybe we can catch him in with surprise. The good thing is it is only a day trip and we will be back tomorrow night.

Hope for good news!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment