Sunday, January 15, 2012

Whoa It's Been Awhile

I can't believe it has been over a week since I updated everyone. Luke has been doing really well with his food. He has only showed dislike to green beans. He takes one bite of them, and out they come. He started doing the same with peaches, but now he likes them in his oatmeal. I think his oatmeal is his favorite food now. Which is funny to me, cause it was a big dislike when we first started. I am just happy that he likes spoons and food. It was a worry to me, because preemies are have a great risk of oral aversion. My new worry is that he doesn't eat a lot of bottles. He will eat 2 servings of real food and still want more, but won't take more than 4 ounces at a time. He also enjoys a good morning conversation over oatmeal. He is just a little chatterbox at 7 am in the morning. Then after he eats a big bowl of oatmeal we take a small nap.

This week marked Luke's 7 month birthday. He has officially moved to 3 month clothes. Some fit great, and some are little big, but he is out of newborn clothing. We went to the doctors on Thursday for Luke's 2nd Synagis shot to help prevent RSV. He weighed in at 10 pounds 10 ounces. Slowly but surely we are getting there. I have yet to hear from Riley on Luke's sleep study. They said they would call in 7-10 days, but I wonder if we won't hear anything till we go back on the 26th.

This week, I started school again. It was a long Friday and old to get out of the house for so long. Not to mention I had to drive to Gary at 7am in the snow. I usually have 45 minutes of extra time, but I barely made it to school with 6 minutes to spare. Then when I walked in, I got a bunch of stares. Since I had to postpone school, I am now with a whole new group of people. I miss my girls, but I only have to get through 16 weeks.

Hopefully it won't take so long for me to update again. Sorry this isn't in depth, hopefully I can get to the computer more than once a week.

Jordan

Right after Luke's Synagis shot

Ask for a smile and this is what I get...

How we spend our afternoons, naps and studying

Happy boy after his cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment