Friday, August 10, 2012

Waiting to schedule

Even with Luke's great intake of formula the past two weeks we can't overcome the nutrion need.  We went for a weight check on Wednesday and Luke lost a half an ounce on one scale and gained half an ounce on another. I know it isn't good if they are that different, however no matter how you take it, it's still half an ounce. So where do we go?  G-tube... This is no easy choice, and I know this has been a topic for sometime. I feel like we have tried everything at this point. His biggest problem is he isn't routine. He doesn't take the same amount everyday and his body uses the extra from one day to make up from a day. This tube will help to prevent this. Whatever Luke doesn't take by mouth, we will give him by tube. I think my biggest worry is the general idea of the tube. It is another reason my child is different from his cousins and friends. Another reason to put him in a different catergory. It is another story to tell. It is for the best, but won't ever be an easy decision.  I just ask for continued prayers for Luke and us as a family as we move forward and hopefully find some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment